Lots happened but we have failed to keep adequate journal…so here is my attempt at a summary from memory:
1. It all started with a connection with Pathfinder Venture Captain Sheila Heidmarch. She hired the Consultants to track down Natalya Viskerkin. Natalya was a a Pathfinder double agent spying on the gang of cat burglars known as the Tower Girls.
this is documented pretty well in the adventure log.
2. After Natalya was ‘rescued’ and the curse of the Shard of Pride was lifted from her, she was quick to rat out the Tower Girls and the Party some tracked them to a hidout in the Crow – one of the ancient bridge pylons still standing in the bay. For more on the history of Magnimar and the ancient monuments that still stand see Magnimar
3. Heidmarch then realized what the artifact was that Natalya had, she was astonished. She told the Party some history about the Sihedron and the Shards.
4. The Crow proved to be more than hide out for second rate street gang! Once the Party figured out how to open the strange locked door to the lower levels (thanks to Shimra’s growing command of ancient Thassilonian language and history) they discovered a dungoen full of warring devils. It appears that the Crow was once a laboratory of Alaznist, ancient Rune Lord of Wrath. see http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Alaznist
5. The Devils got into the place because Alaznist built a Rift Siphon in there. This is large margical room that is shaped like a labyrinth. It was left open to some back water corner of the abyss and every once in a while a devil or hell hound stumbled in.
6. The Party is trying to figure out how to work the powerful device but it appears to allow for extraplaner travel and teleportation.
7. A perverse succubi named Lord Baz was pretty much in control of the place and had the Shard of Greed in his possession.
8. After defeating Baz’s minions he surrendered and actually brokered a contract with the Party.
9. The Party was annoyed that Heidmarch demanded to keep the previous Shard of Pride once the Shard of Greed was recovered. She explained that it was too risky for the shards to be in the hands of adventurers on the road – the Pathfinders have a much better hiding place.
10. Heidmarch also invited the Party to join the Pathfinder Society but they declined.
11. The Party hangs out at a bar called the Guilded Cage in the Low Cleft District of Magnimar. I am using the Magnimar: City of Monuments City Guide..I have it digitally and can share drop box link upon request.
12. Vassago has a girlfriend of sorts named Lydia who is involved with the Aspis Consortium. (see http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Aspis_Consortium).
13. Vassago sold the group on the idea that the Crow would be great place for a entertainment venue. Lydia was able to find an investor from Absalom to front some cash. but there is a law against commercializing Magnimar’s ancient monuments…so there were permitting issues with the City Council.
14. Lydia tipped the party off that it is rumored that the Lord Mayor Haldmeer is a real pervert and undoubtedly has all sorts of nefarious business and private life activities that could be used to blackmail him into providing permits – if they could get into his well guarded compound.
15. A famous Director just so happened to be reviving an old ‘Murder play’ – very illegal – where the actors often die on stage. Haldmeer was hosting the play and a bacchanalian orgy fest afterwards – and usually the actors and production crew were invited if the play was good.
16. The Party survived the play and made the party. Found a basement in Haldmeer’s mansion that appeared serve as a meeting place for cultists worshiping Norgorber (see http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Norgorber).
17. in the basement found the mutilated body of young girl who was clearly a sacrifice to the evil god – they swiped the body as evidence, getting a cleric to cast Gentle Repose in a manner to last longer than that spell normally would. Basically blackmailed Haldmeer by threatening to take the body and cast speak with dead to reveal his devil worshiping ways. In the end they got the necessary permits to commercialize the Crow but made an enemy of the Lord Mayor.
18. the Party is now off to get the third Shard – Shard of Lust….